Community Acquired Pneumonia in Adults
Acute infection acquired outside of hospital or within 48 hours of admission
- Jain S, Self WH, Wunderink RG, Fakhran S, Balk R, Bramley AM, et al. Community-Acquired Pneumonia Requiring Hospitalization among U.S. Adults. N Engl J Med. 2015; 373;5: pp 415-427.
- Metlay JP, Waterer GW, Long AC, Anzueto A, Brozek J, Crothers K, et al. Diagnosis and Treatment of Adults with Community- acquired Pneumonia. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2019; Vol 200 (Iss 7): pp 809-821.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Pneumonia (community-acquired): antimicrobial prescribing. NICE Guideline. 2019. www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng138. Accessed September 18, 2019
- Antibiotics Why and Why Not 2018 Dalhousie CPD Academic Detailing Service, November 2018. https://cdn.dal.ca/content/dam/dalhousie/pdf/faculty/medicine/departments/core-units/cpd/academic-detailing/Handout-Antibiotics.pdf. Accessed August 12, 2019.
- Management of Community Acquired Pneumonia in Adults. SHS + UHN Antimicrobial Stewardship Program, 2018. https://www.antimicrobialstewardship.com/community-acquired-pneumonia. Accessed August 19, 2019.