COVID-19 serologic testing could be considered for the following situations:
- In the setting of suspected prior infection that was not tested by PCR.
- Close contacts of high-risk patients (immunocompromised, elderly) who may have been exposed to the virus in the past
- Healthcare workers or first responders
- Patients residing in congregate settings that may have been exposed to or infected with the virus in the past, but who are not actively infected.
- In the setting of potential plasma donation with prior diagnosed or suspected COVID-19.
- In the setting of COVID-19-like illness where PCR is negative but clinical suspicion of disease remains high.
- In the setting of suspected multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C).