These surgical prophylaxis guidelines are adapted from:
- The current version of the American Society for Health Systems Pharmacist (ASHP)
- Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA)
- The Surgical Infection Society (SIS)
- The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) published in Clinical Infectious Diseases in 2013
For specific surgical procedures not included in these guidelines, additional resources were utilized to determine preferred and alternative regimens:
- Bratzler DW, Dellinger EP, Olsen KM, et al. Clinical practice guidelines for antimicrobial prophylaxis in surgery. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2013 Feb 1;70(3):195-283.
- Inpatient Core Measure Specs 4.2b 1-1-13 to 12-31-13, Measure Set: Surgical Care Improvement Project (SCIP), Set Measure ID: SCIP-Inf-2 SCIP-2-5 to 2-6.
- Adventist Health System. Cephalosporin Use in Penicillin Allergic Patients Position Statement. 2015.
- Berrios-Torres SI, Umscheid CA, Bratzler DW, et al. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Guidelines for the Prevention of Surgical Site Infection, 2017. JAMA Surg. 2017; 152(8);784-791.