This section is not applicable to cellulitis associated with: ulcers, wounds, surgical sites, bone/joints, or face/pelvis
Last updated: 6.1.21
- Stevens DL, IDSA. Practice guidelines for the diagnosis and management of skin and soft tissue infections. Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Jul 15;59(2):e10-52. Erratum in: Clin Infect Dis. 2015 May 1;60(9):1448.
- Skin and Soft Tissue Infections: Treatment Guidelines. University of Nebraska. Revised 5/2018
- Skin and Soft Tissue infections. University of Michigan Treatment Guideline. Revised 4/2018
- Walsh TL, et al. Effect of Antimicrobial Stewardship Program Guidance on the Management of Uncomplicated Skin and Soft Tissue Infections in Hospitalized Adults. Mayo Clin Proc Innov Qual Outcomes. 2017 Apr 28;1(1):91-99
- Williams OM, Brindle R. Antibiotic route and duration of therapy for cellulitis: data extracted from a multi-center clinical trial. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2020 Sep;56(3):106076.
- Bruun T, et al. Etiology of Cellulitis and Clinical Prediction of Streptococcal Disease: A Prospective Study. Open Forum Infect Dis. 2015 Nov 25;3(1):ofv181.